top of page



June 13, 2017

The Water Protector Legal Collective would like to help answer questions and resolve warrants for those Water Protectors who have been issued warrants in North Dakota. Approximately 126 warrants have been issued on original cases filed where Water Protectors do not have legal representation yet or where new charges have been re-filed by the Morton County State’s Attorney.

Please contact the Water Protector Legal Collective at (701) 566-9108 if you have any questions or would like to obtain free attorney representation for your case. WPLC will need your updated contact information and any information regarding warrants and your case specifically.

Through the North Dakota Courts website anyone can search for their name for warrants and case updates as well on the courts’ Register of Actions at just click proceed and select the county, this will narrow your search then select criminal/traffic offenses.

It may be possible under North Dakota law to resolve a warrant without your appearance, particularly for misdemeanor offenses by assigning you attorney representation and filing a motion to quash your warrant. We need your involvement and cooperation for this. We want to provide accurate information and assist in resolving these free of charge, so please do not hesitate to call us for more information and so you can make a more informed choice. If you have any questions about having a warrant, particularly while traveling across state lines or international borders or whether you’re likely to be held or extradited, please call us at (701) 566-9108.

In addition, if you have a warrant, because of recent Supreme Court case law, this may give law enforcement probable cause to do invasive searches of you or your car. It does not give officers the right to interview or question you at all. Invoke your right to be silent. Invoke your right to counsel or ask if you are being detained and ask if are free to leave without answering questions or consenting to any searches.

If you have other questions or concerns regarding getting representation, continuances or related matters, please also feel free to call us at 701-566-9108.

If you are an indigenous person or facing felony charges and need assistance with travel and other resources to help in resolving your case please also call the Freshet Collective, at (701) 301-7511.

Please forward this and share widely.

3 views0 comments


bottom of page